Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) - Southwest Health and Human Services

Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)

WIC is a nutrition education program that provides supplemental foods that promote good health for pregnant, breastfeeding and postpartum women. Infant and children up to age five may also participate in this program. WIC services are free to eligible persons.

The program is administered by:

The Minnesota Department of Health
85 East 7th Place
PO Box 64882
St. Paul, MN 55164-0882

family grocery shopping

Eligibility is based on income guidelines for:

  • Pregnant women
  • Breastfeeding women
  • Women who have a baby less than six months old
  • Infants and children up to five years old

Apply for WIC. 

Enroll in the WIC program:

Make an appointment at your Public Health Office. When you attend your appointment, the health professional will talk with you about your nutrition needs and determine eligibility.

If found eligible, you will be given benefits for nutritious foods. You will also receive a list of grocery stores where you can shop to exchange your benefit voucher for WIC approved foods.

Apply for WIC. 

Benefits of the WIC program:

You will receive nutritious foods at no cost. You and your children will receive nutrition counseling to help promote better eating and better health. You will save money; the extra money you save by using the WIC food benefits can be used to purchase other foods that WIC does not provide. WIC will provide nutrition education, referrals for healthcare, and support for breastfeeding moms.

Have Questions or Need Help?

We are available to provide you with guidance and support.

Scroll to Top