MnCHOICES is a person-centered assessment provided to help people with long-term or chronic care needs make care decisions and select support and service options for which they may be eligible.
The MnCHOICES assessment replaces:
- Development Disability screening
- Long Term Care Consultation Assessment
- Personal Care Assistance assessment
MnCHOICES does not:
- Determine eligibility for Mental Health-Targeted Case Management Services
- Diagnose any conditions
- Determine financial eligibility for Minnesota Health Care Programs
- Determine Disability Status
To make a MnCHOICES referral for residents of counties served by Southwest Health and Human Services, please call 800-810-8816. It is preferable that the person requesting the assessment make the call.