The purpose of this position is to provide for the needs of various individuals and families by providing information, determine initial and on-going eligibility for all Income Maintenance Programs administered by Southwest Health and Human Services as outlined in federal regulations and rules, state statutes, and local rules and policies pertaining to those IM programs.
- Three years of clerical experience or experience working with the public, or some combination of the two, totaling three years.
- Two years of clerical experience in a social services/human services agency.
- Two years of study at an accredited two or four year college or university or similar institution, with emphasis in the behavioral sciences, business, or closely related subjects (at least 23 quarter credits or 16 semester credits).
- Successful completion of the technical college Public Welfare Eligibility Worker diploma program (applicants must be within six months of completion of the program).
- Successful completion of the technical college Public Welfare Eligibility Worker certificate program will substitute for one year of the required clerical experience or experience working with the public.
Starting Rate of Pay: $18.69/hour